Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Saatchi Gallery of...Art?

London's reputation for being a hub for theatre and the arts is one of the reasons I chose to study abroad here. I can now check off another art gallery off my list: the collection of contemporary artwork at the Saatchi Gallery.


My class on Fridays ends at 1 PM, so last week I decided to take a solo walk to enjoy the nice spring day and check out this nearby art gallery. The free-entry establishment showcases the personal art collection of the wealthy Charles Saatchi. It often features controversial pieces and receives a lot of critical attention.

Mr. Saatchi sure does have some interesting tastes in art. Modern art tends to confuse me...maybe Grandma Elaine and Aunt Deborah can help me understand some of these pieces?




"Swarm" which had bees and flies suspended in the air



I think this one should be called The Blob
I like the use of neck ties
A 12 year old made this one! (No, a 12 year old did make the other ones too.)
Don't you feel more cultured now?

No comments:

Post a Comment