Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Follow the Red Brick Lane!

Sorry for my lame attempt at a witty blog post title. I bet you have Follow the Yellow Brick Road stuck in your head now though!

Over the weekend, I went to yet another market. Brick Lane in East London houses a colorful, hopping outdoor and indoor market every Sunday morning. I found it to be a mix between the antique-y nature of Portobello Market and the hipster feel of Camden Market. My roommate Jess, our friend Jina, and I enjoyed some sunshine when we first got there. Unfortunately, it got rather overcast and drizzly later on. Oh London weather, you are so predictable.




Per usual, the busiest part of the market was the food portion. There were tons of different ethnic cuisines available, but this Moroccan food stand caught my eye. I enjoyed a yummy lunch of rice and vegetable tangine.



Brick Lane was also a destination for many Jewish immigrants, hence the rare appearance of some BAGEL SHOPS! (Can you tell I have really been missing my usual everything bagel with cream cheese and lox from KSB?) The line for this particular place was out the door, so of course we had to try it.




Bagel obsession = happy Jenny = lots of bagel pictures
A bagel with cream cheese was only a pound! So cheap and so tasty. I came away from the market with a satisfied tummy and a great deal on a cool piece of jewelry. It was a lovely way to spend my Sunday morning. Now that I have seen most of the main tourist sites of London, I love just exploring the nooks and crannies of this city.

PS. I am now a little over halfway done with my semester abroad. How crazy is that? I think time feels like it's passing at the perfect pace. I'm excited to return to the States in less than two months, but I'm still stoked for all the time I have left to explore Europe and feel like I've already done so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment