Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Secret Garden

So it's not really a secret place, and it's a park not a garden, but when I visited Holland Park the other day, I sure felt like I was in an exclusive, hidden, outdoor gem.


As far as developments, Holland Park is home to a cricket pitch, tennis courts, the Kyoto Garden, a playground, and a famous orangery. 

Tucked just off the bustling shopping area of High Street Kensington, Holland Park is a very affluent area. I can only credit Wikipedia for this next bit of information, but apparently "Simon Cowell lives in Holland Park when he is in London, as does actor Kenneth Branagh."

I wasn't there to look for celebrities though. The park was a welcomed break from the city, full of spring flowers and eager squirrels and a relaxing quietude.


Lord Holland's Pond
Lord Holland statue




Kyoto Garden


Lovebirds?
My favorite part of the park was the peacocks!! Pretty unusual to see these fancy birds milling about in the wild.



So many peacocks!
This one's a rebel.
Whoa there big guy.
I love Hyde Park, but I have to admit that I think Holland Park has won me over. There were other people there, but I felt like I had stumbled upon my own private retreat. Maybe I'll go on a bike ride there soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment